The Trust's First Art Competition
The Trust held is very first art competition!
The Trust held its first Art Competition this year, open to all the Academies within the group. The competition was split between primary and secondary and then into the main key stages.The theme for Primary entries was ‘My Favourite Story’ and secondary categories were Portrait, Landscapes and Abstract.
We had a great response and our Central Team offices were awash with colour and creativity! Local artist and teacher Jennie Bambury came in to judge and the following prizes were awarded:
- Winner: Kitty McArther (Nottingham Academy)
- Second: Kobi Mason-Seely (Nottingham Academy)
- Third: Imaan Agher (Nottingham Academy)
- Winner: Macarthur class at (Skegby Junior Academy)
- Second: Jessica, Lamia, Leila P and Keris (Nottingham Academy)
- Third: Finlay Locker (Skegby Junior Academy)
- Winner: Lucy Swallow (Weston Favell Academy)
- Second: Kane Sitford (Skegness Academy)
- Third: Zainab Maqsood (Nottingham Girls’ Academy)
- Winner: Eva-Mae Partridge (Weston Favell Academy)
- Second: Peizhou Shi (Nottingham Girls’ Academy)
- Third: Ana-Maria Oancea (Nottingham Academy)
- Winner: Zeiwab Miyir (Nottingham Girls’ Academy)
- Second: Lydia Smith (Weston Favell)
- Third: Reannan Pryce (Nottingham Girl’s Academy)
There were also a lot of commendations made and Jennie was extremely impressed with the quality of the artwork submitted and the talent on show throughout the age groups – it made judging very difficult!