Free School Meals
From September 2014, there will be a statutory requirement for schools in England to provide free school meals to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Whilst all pupils in these year groups will be provided with a free school meal, it is important that, if you think you are eligible to receive a free school meal, you continue to apply to the Northamptonshire Local Authority.
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at Key Stages 2-4 will continue as they do now, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after parents stop qualifying for the Working Tax Credit
There will be no change to the process for applying for free school meals. Families receiving a qualifying benefit must continue to apply to Northamptonshire County Council.
To read about how the school uses this money click here.
Please click on the link below to apply or ring the Council on 0300 126 1000.